Vegan Breakfast Totchos (Tater Tot Nachos)
Vegan Breakfast Totchos
- 2 lbs tater tots frozen
- 1 JUST Egg bottle
- 4 Vegan breakfast sausages
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 1 jalapeno optional
- 1/2 tomato optional
- 1 1/2 cup chopped potatoes
- 2/3 cup raw cashews
- 4 oz diced green chilies
- 1/2 roasted red pepper
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- salt season to taste
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Pre-heat oven and bake tater tots according to the package instructions.
- While the tater tots are baking, start making your cheese sauce (cheese sauce directions below).
- Cook vegan sausage according to directions and set aside.
- Chop your green pepper, red pepper, and onion, add them to a large non-stick pan with a little oil or water to saute your veggies for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in JUST Egg and sprinkle on your favorite seasonings. I like to use salt, pepper, and dried dill.
- Let the JUST Egg cook a few minutes before stirring. Once it starts to bubble up, stir and fold every few seconds until the JUST Egg is thoroughly cooked.
- To build your totchos, place a serving of tater tots onto a plate or into bowl. Top with JUST Egg scramble, 2vegan breakfast sausage, and vegan cheese sauce. Top with optional tomatoes and jalapeno (for a little kick). Serve immediately.
- Place your chopped potatoes and raw cashews in a pot of water (making sure they're fully covered), and set on high heat. Boil until potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and cashews, making sure to reserve your remaining cooking liquid.
- Transfer your potatoes and cashews into a high speed blender or food processor. Add in the rest of your ingredients with 1/3 cup of your cooking liquid and blend until creamy. Add more liquid a little at a time until desired consistency. Taste and add extra seasonings if necessary.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Dope Meal Planner
Hungry yet? Have you tried the Dope Meal Planner? New Meal Plans Every Week