Vegan Breakfast Totchos (Tater Tot Nachos)
Vegan Breakfast Totchos
- 2 lbs tater tots frozen
- 1 JUST Egg bottle
- 4 Vegan breakfast sausages
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 1 jalapeno optional
- 1/2 tomato optional
- 1 1/2 cup chopped potatoes
- 2/3 cup raw cashews
- 4 oz diced green chilies
- 1/2 roasted red pepper
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- salt season to taste
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Pre-heat oven and bake tater tots according to the package instructions.
- While the tater tots are baking, start making your cheese sauce (cheese sauce directions below).
- Cook vegan sausage according to directions and set aside.
- Chop your green pepper, red pepper, and onion, add them to a large non-stick pan with a little oil or water to saute your veggies for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in JUST Egg and sprinkle on your favorite seasonings. I like to use salt, pepper, and dried dill.
- Let the JUST Egg cook a few minutes before stirring. Once it starts to bubble up, stir and fold every few seconds until the JUST Egg is thoroughly cooked.
- To build your totchos, place a serving of tater tots onto a plate or into bowl. Top with JUST Egg scramble, 2vegan breakfast sausage, and vegan cheese sauce. Top with optional tomatoes and jalapeno (for a little kick). Serve immediately.
- Place your chopped potatoes and raw cashews in a pot of water (making sure they're fully covered), and set on high heat. Boil until potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and cashews, making sure to reserve your remaining cooking liquid.
- Transfer your potatoes and cashews into a high speed blender or food processor. Add in the rest of your ingredients with 1/3 cup of your cooking liquid and blend until creamy. Add more liquid a little at a time until desired consistency. Taste and add extra seasonings if necessary.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!