Game Day Vegan Queso
Game Day Vegan Queso
- 12-16 oz vegan ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 8 oz vegan Monterey Jack cheese small cubed
- 16 oz vegan cheddar small cubed
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp can jalapenos diced (optional)
- 10 oz can Rotel Tomatoes partially drained
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- Place your vegan cheese cubes and non-dairy milk into a medium pot on medium-high heat. Stir occasionally.
- As the cheese begins to melt, reduce the heat and stir for another 5 minutes, until the cheese is mostly or fully melted. Set aside.
- Cook and break up the vegan ground beef over medium-high heat in a large pan until mostly cooked (about 4 to 5 minutes).
- Add in the salt & pepper, taco seasoning, and stir until well coated.
- Add vegetable broth, stir, and reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in the melted cheese until evenly distributed throughout the pan.
- Add in the beans, red onions, jalapenos, and rotel tomatoes with juice (without juice if you want a thicker consistency). Stir until well combined.
- Turn off heat and top your dip with fresh cilantro, then serve!
*Note: If you can’t find the vegan cheddar and Monterey Jack in the store, then use my homemade Nacho Cheese sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Dope Meal Planner
Hungry yet? Have you tried the Dope Meal Planner? New Meal Plans Every Week
I always enjoy eating this recipe during game day parties.
My queso turned out so delicious, all my friends could not believe that it was vegan! I can’t wait to have this again.
I made this vegan queso for our March Madness gathering and no one could even tell the difference. I think it tastes better than the original, non-vegan recipe.
I love a good dip, especially a vegetarian one. My family raved so I will be making it again for the NCAA Men’s Basketball Finals.
This is one of those great vegan recipes that can fool even the most devout carnivore. I made this for a part and it was a hit! No one could tell this was a vegan dip!
Was in need of a vegan queso recipe to serve to my guests this weekend and this recipe did not disappoint! This tastes just as good as the dairy version. Will make this again!
My guests gobbled this up! It was such a beautiful recipe and I’ll be making it again!!
This queso was a delicious vegan alternative. I served it for my vegan guests and they were very impressed. I promised to pass on the recipe.
I made this to bring to a party and no one believed me that it was vegan! It was creamy and full of flavor. Everyone loved it! Already have a request to make it again.
Tried this out on a non-game day and it was so dang delicious. Will be making it a lot come football season!