Burrito Bowls with Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 cup Rice: white or brown
- 4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 lime juiced and zested
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1 black beans canned, drained and rinsed
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped
- 3 tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup Vegan Mayonnaise (soy free if necessary)
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 3 Ripe avocados
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- 2 jalapenos finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves finely diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 lb tomatoes pulp removed, diced
- 1 limes zested and juiced
- Peel and remove the pit from each avocado. Mix in a large bowl with the remaining chopped ingredients, stir thoroughly to combine.
- Wrap tightly, seal, and refrigerate. This guacamole will brown after 2-3 days.
- Place the rice, water, and salt in a pot and cook rice until done. Stir in lime juice, zest, and cilantro.
- Combine the vegan mayonnaise, garlic, and chipotle powder in a bowl and stir to combine to make the chipotle aioli.
- Make the burrito bowls by arranging rice, black beans, romaine lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and guacamole in a circle. Top with chipotle aioli and additional cilantro, if desired.
Calories: 502kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 12gFat: 24gFiber: 19gSugar: 10g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!