Black Bean Burgers
- 1 can organic black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp your favorite salsa
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash black beans in a bowl with a fork or potato masher. Add the remaining ingredients, except the oil, and stir to combine.
- Depending on how liquidy your salsa is, you may need to add more flour. Add it 1 tbsp at a time if needed, mixing after each addition.
- Divide mixture into 4 sections. Form each section into a patty.
- Refrigerate plate of burger patties for about 7-10 minutes to make the burgers easier to cook.
- Bake your burger patties for 5 minutes on each side until lightly browned and crispy on the outside.
- Assemble burger on a bun with your favorite toppings and serve immediately!
Calories: 216kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 9gFat: 2gFiber: 9gSugar: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!