Sauteed Summer Squash with Kale and Carrot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 3 cups chopped summer squash
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 shredded carrots
- 3 cups chopped kale
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Toss in all ingredients except for kale.
- Cook 2 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add in kale.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until kale is tender.
These veggies pair well with any grain. Our favorite is barley cooked in vegetable broth!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!