Roasted Potato + Kale Quinoa Skillet with Sage
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup shallot minced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes diced
- 1 clove garlicminced
- 1 tbsp sage leaves chopped
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth divided
- 3 cup kale shredded
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Sea Salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Heat the water over low heat in a large skillet. Add in the shallot and sweat for 1 minute.
- Turn the heat up to medium and add in the potatoes, stir and sauté for 4 minutes. Then add in the garlic, sage and quinoa, stir and sauté for 2 minutes more. Turn up the heat to medium-high and add in 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth, stir, turn heat down to low, cover and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add in the remaining broth, kale and parsley. Stir and simmer uncovered for 3 minutes or until the kale is bright green, and the sweet potatoes and quinoa are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.
Calories: 132kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 4gFat: 1gFiber: 4gSugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!