Red Pepper Plums and Couscous
- 1 to 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 large onion chopped
- 15 oz canned chickpeas
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chopped plums if in season
- 3 cup low-sodium veggie broth
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cup dry couscous or quinoa
- 1/3 cup fresh mint or dried
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until very tender and beginning to brown, about 20-25 minutes.
- Add garbanzo beans and chopped plums and stir 1 minute.
- Add broth and cinnamon and bring to boil. Mix in couscous.
- Cover pot; remove from heat. Let stand 15 minutes. Using fork, fluff couscous.
- Mix in mint and half of almonds. Season with salt and pepper. Mound couscous in bowl. Sprinkle with remaining almonds.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!