One Pot Coconut Chickpea Curry
- 1 large white onion sliced
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 ginger small bulb minced
- 1 lb mushrooms sliced
- 1 large bell pepper sliced can also add spicy peppers, if desired
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 cup garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 2 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tsp salt or more to taste
- Cilantro or basil sprigs for garnish
- Line a large pot with water or vegetable broth. Heat onions, garlic, and ginger and sweat until fragrant. Add peppers and mushrooms and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes or until mushrooms begin to release their liquid.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the flavors blend together and the chickpeas are tender.
- Top soup with cilantro or basil and serve with rice or on it’s own.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!