One Pan Mexican Quinoa with Pico De Gallo
For the Quinoa:
- 1 large red onion chopped (reserve half for pico de gallo topping)
- 1 tbsp Southwestern Seasoning or your favorite Mexican Spice Blend
- 2 bell peppers chopped (I used an orange and a red one)
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked and pre-rinsed
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
For Pico de Gallo:
- 3 cup diced tomatoes
- Juice and zest of one lime
- 1 jalapeno seeds removed and diced.
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients for the quinoa into a large pot and cook for 20 minutes or until quinoa is tender and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for the pico de gallo in a large bowl and stir to combine. When quinoa is done, top with the pico de gallo and black beans, avocado, and lettuce if desired.
Calories: 156kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 5gFat: 2gFiber: 4gSugar: 7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!