Lemon Cinnamon Muffins
- 2 1/4 cup unbleached flour or gluten free flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 flax eggs 3 tbsp flax meal in 6 tbsp cold water
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tbsp lemon zest plus 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare 12 cupcake pan with 12 cupcake liners.
- Bowl 1: Whisk flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda in medium bowl.
- Bowl 2: Have flax eggs in separate bowl and beat with an electric mixer on high speed.
- Add in sugar and beat until mixture has almost doubled in volume. (takes about 3 minutes) Gradually beat in coconut oil until combined.
- Stir in zest, 2 tsp. of lemon juice, applesauce, and vanilla extract.
- Combine Bowl 1 into Bowl 2, mixing on low speed until a batter forms.
- Pour into cups, filling ¾ full and bake for 18 minutes. Let cool and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!