- 1 cup medjool dates pitted
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 1/4 cup old fashioned oats use gluten free if necessary
- 1 cup nuts almonds or another nut of your choice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries optional
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional step: toasting the oats and nuts (for toasty flavour)
- (Optional step) Preheat your oven to 350F. Toast the oats and nuts for 10 – 15 mins, until fragrant.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or plastic wrap, and leaving extra to pick up the bars when you’re done.
- Add the dates to a food processor and pulse until it forms a paste. Add the nut butter and blend until well combined.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, except chocolate chips, if using.
- Scoop the granola mixture into the parchment lined pans and smooth and pack the bars down until they are firmly packed into the bottom of the pan. Really pack them down, so they hold together. freezer.
- Toss them in the freezer to set for 20 minutes or until set. Pop the bars out of the pan and using a sharp knife slice them up into bar shapes. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!