Fettuccine Alfredo with spinach and peas
- 2 Garlic bulbs
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz fettuccine pasta dried (gluten free if necessary)
- 1 cup raw cashews boiled in water for 5-10 minutes and drained
- 1 – 1 1/2 cup unflavored non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt plus more to taste
- 1 shallot minced (can substitute another onion if necessary)
- 1/2 cup english peas
- 1 cup broccoli chopped (or spinach tightly packed)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Peel the garlic and place on a sheet tray with olive oil and roast until the cloves begin to turn light brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven to cool
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Once done, drain the pasta and rinse with very cold water and set aside.
- Add the cooled roasted garlic, boiled cashews, milk, lemon juice, and salt into a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- In a saute pan, heat about 2 tbsp of water on medium high heat and add the minced shallots. Once fragrant, saute the spinach and english peas until spinach is wilted and warmed through, about 2 minutes.
- Add the pasta and alfredo sauce, and toss to coat. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Serve topped with fresh cut parsley and/or red pepper flakes, if desired.
Calories: 341kcalCarbohydrates: 44gProtein: 18gFat: 11gFiber: 7gSugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!