Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- 5 oz brown rice pasta
- 7 oz cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 1/2 bunch kale
- 4 oz oil free hummus
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 roasted red pepper
- Cook pasta via package instructions, adding kale and cherry tomatoes a minute before the pasta is finished.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water, and return pasta, kale, and tomatoes to pot.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, blend roasted red pepper, hummus, nutritional yeast, seasonings, and cooking water together until creamy.
- Pour sauce over pasta, kale, and tomatoes, Toss to coat. Season with black pepper.
Tip – You can use jarred roasted red peppers or roast the red bell pepper yourself ina 450-degree oven for about 25 minutes. Extra Calories – Add a slice of pita bread on the side. Subsititution – Sub in any pasta you prefer
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!