Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 4 carrots peeled and diced
- 1/2-1 tsp red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 1/2 heads of cauliflower riced – Be like me and buy a bag from Trader Joe's, Ralphs, or local grocer.
- 4 green onions diced
- 1 cup diced yellow squash also called summer squash
- 1 cup red radishes
- 1 cup broccoli pieces just do a rough chop no large chunks
- 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the sesame oil to medium-high heat in a wok or large pan.
- Add the garlic and stir for a minute or two.
- Add the carrots and continue cooking for 3 minutes or so until they start to soften.
- Add the red pepper flakes, riced cauliflower, squash, green onion, radishes, broccoli pieces, and soy sauce.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until the cauliflower is tender, stir often.
- Serve immediately.
If you aren't buying pre-riced cauliflower: To rice the cauliflower, chop off the base of the crown and remove any large stems. Using your hands or a knife, tear the crown into large florets. From here you can either place them in a food processor and pulse a few times until broken down or you can use a grater. I prefer the food processor method. Extra Calories – Add 1 cup of cooked quinoa to your serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!