- 1/2 cup cashews toasted and salted
- 4 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup grits
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper
- Place cashews in a quart sized container and fill with boiling water. Soak for 10 minutes.
- Puree in a vitamix with nutritional yeast until extremely smooth. Set aside for later.
- Bring vegetable stock to a boil, add a liberal amount of salt.
- Whisk in grits and cook until thickened and creamy, about 30 minutes. Stir this very often so it doesn’t burn on the bottom of the pan!
- Stir in the cashew butter and season with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
Calories: 156kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 6gFat: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!