BBQ Chickpeas with Maple Glazed Carrots and Spinach
- 1 can rinsed and drained chickpeas
- 2 cup chopped fresh green beans
- 1/4 cup your favorite vegan BBQ sauce.
- 2 cup spinach rinsed and dried.
- 8-10 inch assorted colors of carrots rinsed cut into 4 sticks about 1/2 thick.
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut or grape seed oil optional
- Toss the chickpeas and green beans in the barbeque sauce until fully coated.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until green beans are able to be pierced with a fork. Set aside.
- Sautee carrot sticks in coconut oil until tender, add maple syrup and stir. Dash with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pile spinach greens, then carrots, then chickpeas/green beans for a warm summer salad.
- Garnish with parsley or any fresh green herb!
Extra Calories – Add 1 cup of cooked quinoa or brown rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!