Oil Free Sweet Potato Crust
Servings 10 slices
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (peeled and small cubed)
- 1 follow your heart egg or chia egg
- 1 2/3 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- 2 tbsp flax seed meal
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- Steam the sweet potato cubes in a steamer or over the stove for 30 minutes or until fork-tender. Preheat oven to 400F.
- Add the steamed sweet potatoes to a large mixing bowl and mash them.
- Add in the vegan egg, oat flour, almond meal, flaxseed meal, nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, basil, oregano, garlic powder, sea salt, and chili flakes. Stir together until combined.
- Line a round pizza pan with parchment paper. Scoop the sweet potato dough onto the parchment paper and use a spatula to spread it into a large circle on the pizza pan.
- Pop the pizza pan in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the crust is set and the edges are golden brown. Remove the crust from the oven and let cool.
- Add desired toppings (I used tomato slices, artichoke hearts, nutritional yeast, and arugula for my toppings) and return the pan to the oven and broil for 5 minutes. Slice, serve, and refrigerate leftovers.
Be sure to use ice cold water when blending your follow your heart vegan egg. If you're using a chia egg, then you'll use 1 tbsp of chia seeds and 3 tbsp of water.